Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cold & Ice...

President Bush has decided not to renew a program of domestic spying on terrorism suspects, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said on Wednesday, ending an law-enforcement tactic criticized for infringing on civil liberties.

"The president has determined not to reauthorize the Terrorist Surveillance Program when the current authorization expires," Gonzales wrote in a letter to congressional leaders.

Bush has reauthorized the program every 45 days, and the current authorization is mid-cycle, a senior Justice Department official said. Gonzales said a recent secret-court approval allowed the government to act effectively without the program.
Secrecy Promotes Tyranny



It was so cold (15'f) when I put this sign up that my camera stopped workin' so I only put 1 up & went home so I could start to feel my fingers.

No comments: